I’ve been involved in the closed pilot around PowerApps and finally the information about it is going public.
PowerApps is an enterprise service for innovators everywhere to connect, create and share business apps with your team on any device in minutes. And PowerApps helps anyone in your organization unlock new business agility.
PowerApps will dramatically accelerate how business apps are built, reducing time to solution from weeks or months to minutes and empowering a new category of app creators. It balances power between IT and business users, arming those closest to business needs with tools and services to not just envision but also implement the solution. It moves what has been for decades a set of scenarios that typically only run on-premises with PCs to being centered in the cloud and delivered mobile-first.
- Quickly create apps that work on any device using a Microsoft Office-like experience, templates to get started quickly and a visual designer to automate workflows.
- Use built-in connections, or ones built by your company, to connect PowerApps to cloud services such as Office 365, Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, Dropbox and OneDrive and on-premises systems including SharePoint, SQL Server, Oracle databases, SAP and more.
- Share PowerApps like documents. It’s as simple as typing an email address and your coworkers can take advantage of an app you created.
For developers and IT professionals,
- PowerApps includes Azure App Service for employee-facing apps, so native web and mobile apps get into employee hands faster than ever.
- Build additional data connections and APIs to any existing business systems, thus empowering any users in your organization to create the apps they need.
- Data security and privacy controls are respected by PowerApps, so you can manage data access and maintain corporate policies.
You can request early access to PowerApps here: